Spanish Technology Platform for Hydrogen and Fuel Cells
The Spanish Hydrogen & Fuel Cell Technological Platform (PTE HPC) is an initiative developed by the Spanish Hydrogen Association, supported by the Economy Ministry and active since May 2005.
MAIN GOAL: To promote and accelerate the development and use of hydrogen and fuel cell based energy systems and component technologies for transport, stationary and portable application sectors in Spain. It also considers all the R&D& Technological Innovation chain
More than 170 Spanish entities, with activities related to hydrogen and fuel cell technologies, participate in this platform. This entities contribute with their experience, knowledge and opinions in the elaboration of documents, making possible the establishment of the scientific, industrial and technologic guidelines which should be adopted to promote the incorporation of these technologies, giving energetic solutions and stimulating a new industrial and technological services sector.
Functions and targets:
- Propose the national technological strategy to the European Platform.
- Advise administrations and national representatives.
- Communication with the neighbouring sectors in order to promote joint strategies.
- Act as consultant about legislative and regulative aspects
- Investigate specific difficulties related with technological strategy.
- Prepare a short / medium / long - range term planning for R&D&TI.
- Promote strategic R&D&T projects.
- Establish alliances to strengthen technological level development.
- Promote business activity impacts.
- Improve the coordination of internal and external actions of interest to the national sector.